Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Join Now
General HOA Topics
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Service Dogs 1 s. powers There is valuable information on the topic available on the following website: You might also check the website for the State Attorney General in your state as your state might have some specific requirements that your HOA should consider as well.
by L. Szabo
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Work Order for Maintenance Issues 2 s. powers Thank you for the information about the form.
by s. powers
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Florida HOA Elections/disputes 1 L. Turner Your Bylaws should specify the term for seats, i.e. three years. For example, our HOA has five seats and the term of each is three years. So, last year, we had one seat (A) up for election; this year we will have two others (B and C), and next year (2016) we will have the remaining two (D and E). Then in 2017, the three-year term for the seat (A) that was elected last year will expire and will be up for election again.
by R. Plane
Thursday, June 25, 2015
Looking for a good HOA lawyer in Atlanta GA 3 B. Jude Re: Atlanta HOA Lawyer ...are you seeking to sue HOA or have legal counsel for an HOA?
by r. wemmers
Monday, March 2, 2015
All Board members developers and their friends 1 N. CHRISTMANN You should review the Oregon Revised Statutes, Title 10 (Property Rights etc.), Article 100 (Condominiums), Sections 100.200, 100.205, and 100.210. Those sections pertain to "Declarant Control; Turnover." The sections can be accessed through the "Resources" tab > "State Laws & Resources"> "Oregon"> "Oregon Condominium Law." You also need to review the association's governing documents (typically the Bylaws, Declaration and CC&Rs) to see if the provisions are in keeping with what the state law requires. It is likely that there are provisions in the governing documents that provide for owner participation on the board. Typically full control is not turned over to the members until a certain percentage of units are sold, or the passage of a specific period of time.
by L. Szabo
Thursday, December 11, 2014
HOA Board elects itself 4 D. Bothem New updates. The HOA Board has never registered the HOA in another name it is still in the builders name. We live in a gated community and bought the house for that reason. The gate has been broken for almost 8 months now and we are told it will cost at least 28000 dollars to fix.Since we the entire community and the new homes being built bought into the community because of the gate do we have any options at all? The realtor is still selling the homes as a gated community even though she knows the gate is broken and has been for 8 months and in all likely hood will remain broken as there are no funds to fix it.
by D. Bothem
Friday, October 24, 2014
HOA Vote that went against CC&R and ByLaws 2 L. Friello We can't give you legal advice, but it sounds like the action taken by the board may have been contrary to the association's governing documents (assuming there was no justification for it such as an exception granted due to a disability). The board's vote may have been proper (not null and void) in that it was taken in accordance with the required procedures (as specified by N.Y. laws and the association's governing documents), but the board's decision may be subject to being set aside because it was contrary to the provisions of the governing documents -- which the board is responsible for enforcing. You really need to have an experienced lawyer in N.Y. review your association's bylaws and CC&Rs and the facts of your particular case to provide you with an informed opinion about your situation.
by L. Szabo
Saturday, September 20, 2014
HOA recorded by the builder in 1994 and has never turned it over. 1 J. Dlugolinski The covenants and conditions that are currently encumbrances on your property should be recorded in the County Recorder's office. I'd get copies of whatever recorded documents affect your property and then consult legal counsel in your jurisdiction. Terminating the HOA is not something that you will be able to do without experienced legal assistance.
by L. Szabo
Monday, September 15, 2014
Email communication 1 C. Neumann There are generally specific state laws and/or provisions in an association's governing documents that cover the topic of email communications. Typically, association members need to agree to accept communications from the association via email. The provisions on this topic would generally be found in the association's bylaws and/or CC&Rs. Board members frequently communicate by email but they should not be conducting association business via email absent specific provisions allowing for same in the state's statutes and/or the association's governing documents.
by L. Szabo
Sunday, June 29, 2014